Meet the Owner, Kim
In 1990 Kim was introduced to the culinary world as Assistant to the director of Advertising for Shells Restaurants, where the mechanics of the food industry was gained.
2000 was the founding year for Divine Menus, a company designed to achieve both Event venues, the home and special occasion locations, where Kim is founder and President.
Divine Menus boasts many accomplishments here in the greater Tampa Bay area and out on location. She has broadened the horizons of this company with her wide range of talents. Clients have included TV personalities, Senators, National Fundraising Campaigns, Renowned Conferences, Kraft Services for a commercial on location; she has teamed with some local Chefs to feed more than a 1,000 volunteers for a non-profit organization. Kim has managed a kitchen staff of 25. She has co authored a cookbook and collaborated on a menu for a national food chain.
In 2008 Kim along with her husband, Michael, bought The Empress Tea Room and Bistro, where her experience has won media notoriety and an award winning organization.
- 2012 “Best in Taste” CHS Culinary Competition
- 2012 Ranked 7th out of 153 Tea Rooms in FL
- 2010 “Over-Acheiver” TWBA
- 2009 & 2011 Intern-teaching Venue Class-Source
- 2009 “Best of Tampa” USCA
- 2008 & 2010 “Best Tea Room in Tampa” USLBA
- 2008 One of the “Best of the Bay” Catering Tampa Tribune